GUA SHA MASSAGE
A rejuvenating skin treatment and traditional healing technique, this ancient practice has been around for thousands of years. With its roots in traditional Chinese medicine, Gua Sha (pronounced gwah shah) has grown popular around the world as a method of improving skin elasticity and tone, boosting lymphatic flow, and reducing muscle tension.
There are many benefits of Gua Sha massage for the mind, skin, and body.
• Improved blood flow: The consistent pressure and raking motion of Gua Sha massage can help increase blood flow and improve circulation, which in turn helps deliver oxygen and nutrients to the skin and tissue.
• Lymphatic drainage: Gua Sha massage helps stimulate lymphatic flow and drainage, resulting in decreased puffiness, swelling, and inflammation.
• Natural detoxification: By eliminating toxins from the body, Gua Sha massage supports your body's innate healing and rejuvenation process.
• Firms & tones skin: Gua Sha massage can help firm the skin and improve its texture by boosting the production of collagen and elastin.
• Relief from tension & stress: Gua Sha massage can help alleviate tension and stress in the body's muscles, which is particularly beneficial for those suffering from chronic pain or mobility issues.
BENEFITS OF A GUA SHA MASSAGE
Gua Sha is a natural healing technique stimulated by the firm pressure and scraping motions used along the skin to stimulate circulation and push stagnant blood/lymph fluid. It involves scraping the skin with a smooth-edged tool, such as a Jade, Rose Quartz or stainless steel, applied to the face or body. The goal is to promote healthy lymphatic flow and circulation to the affected area, resulting in a wide range of benefits.
WHAT IS A GUA SHA MASSAGE?